This Policy applies to our use and handling of Personal Information of all of our current and former customers from the date of this Policy until revised. If you are a former customer, we maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information as if you were still a customer.
Please read this Policy carefully. The practices described herein are subject to the laws in the places in which we operate.
BY SUBMITTING PERSONAL INFORMATION INCLUDING BROWSING INFORMATION TO ACCURATE GROUP OR BY ACCESSING OR USING OUR APPLICATIONS (INCLUDING MOBILE APPS), PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR WEBSITES, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS POLICY AND YOU CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
WE MAY CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME CONSISTENT WITH APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS. THIS POLICY’S EFFECTIVE DATE REFLECTS THE LAST DATE CHANGES WERE MADE. YOUR CONTINUED USE, ACCESS, OR INTERACTION WITH THE APPLICATIONS, WEBSITES, OR PRODUCTS, OR YOUR CONTINUED COMMUNICATIONS WITH US AFTER THE UPDATED POLICY HAS BEEN POSTED WILL REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS POLICY.
Our applications and websites may contain links to third-party websites and services. Such links are provided for your convenience and information, and the websites and services may operate independently from us and have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly recommend you review. This Privacy Notice applies to our Applications and Websites only, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies or practices of any third parties.
Type of Information We Collect about You
Through your communications with us and our communications with third parties, we may collect information within the following categories from you:
- identity Information including but not limited to name, alias, Social Security Number, driver’s license, passport, or other government ID number, license plate number, unique online identifier, username and password, social media handle,
- contact information including but not limited to postal address, street address, email address, IP address, phone number,
- demographic information including but not limited to protected characteristics under federal and state law, such as age, sex, gender, race, and ethnicity,
- financial account information including but not limited to loan or bank account information (e.g., account name and/or account number), credit, or debit card number, card expiration date, CVC2, CVV2, financial information, insurance policy number,
- biometric information such as fingerprints and temperature reading,
- geolocation data such as your time zone, latitude and longitude, computer or mobile device location,
- audio, electronic, visual, and thermal information including telephone recordings, electronic communication records, security camera footage from our offices,
- professional or employment-related information such as your work history, salary history, and education history,
- Internet or other electronic network activity information and online behavioral data including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, Internet Protocol (IP) address and operating system, log data, browser type and version, language, and type, browser settings, operating systems and platform, device type, device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and unique device identifiers) operating information, mobile carrier, domain name system requests, and information regarding your interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement, page response time and download errors,
- commercial information including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing and consuming histories and tendencies.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information in three ways:
Directly from you when you access or use our applications, websites, or products, or when you communicate with us in any manner, including but not limited to:
- Information you provide by filling forms in person or electronically through our applications and/or websites, including information provided at the time of registering for any product or event, posting material or requesting further services or information,
- Information you provide when you access or use our products,
- Information you provide when you report a problem with our applications or websites,
- Records and copies of your correspondence if you contact us,
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete,
- Details of transactions you carry out through our applications, websites, and the conduct of transactions, and
- Your search queries on our websites.
Automatically when you access or use our applications, websites, or products, or when you communicate with us, including but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the websites and applications, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data,
- Information about your computer and mobile device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, and
- Interactivity with an e-mail, including opening, navigating, and click-through information.
From third parties including but not limited to:
- the orders you or your representatives or your financial, insurance or real estate services providers transact on our systems,
- Data analytics providers for the purpose of receiving statistical data about your activity on our websites and applications,
- Social media networks for the purpose of collecting certain of your social media profile information and activity including your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform,
- Third Party Service Providers including but not limited to internet service providers, fraud prevention services, and related partners, and
- Public sources, including local, state, and federal government agencies and departments, to facilitate your use of the websites and applications, and to provide you with our products and services.
Use of the Information We Collect
We use the personal information and other information we collect to
• provide the products and services you or your financial, insurance or real estate services provider request and the applications and websites that may facilitate delivery and production of our services,
• improve our products and services and to develop new products and services that may be of interest to our clients and their customers,
• operate our business and the applications and websites, including access management, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and for statistical purposes,
• facilitate payment processing,
• optimize content for your device,
• associate your device identifiers with your account(s), Information about online activity on our websites, in order to make them more usable, for system administration, troubleshooting, fraud investigation, and website improvement,
• provide reports to our clients concerning their activities on our system,
• communicate with you about our, our affiliates’, and others’ products and services, jointly or independently,
• help solve and respond to any issues you might be facing and address any claims,
- provide information to our representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements in reliance on our legitimate interests.
Retention, Protection and Disposal of Personal Information
We store personal information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, our business needs, and our legal and regulatory obligations. No system can guarantee the complete security of your information, however, we take commercially reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected consistent with all applicable laws and regulations, as appropriate to the sensitivity of your information. If we dispose of your personal information, we will do so in a way that is secure and appropriate to nature of the information subject to disposal.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information with regulators, law enforcement and other authorities in connection with an investigation, subpoena, or court order or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal process or applicable laws or to protect our rights or property, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or the public. We may also share your personal information when we have a good faith or reasonable belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is necessary to protect or assert our legal rights or interests, to facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government, and to protect users of our applications, websites, and products and other carriers or providers from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, or subscription to, such services.
We Do Not Sell Your Personal Information
We do not permit list brokers, mail-order businesses, telemarketers, or other marketing companies to contact you to promote their products or services, and we do not sell, lend, or give out your personal information for this purpose. We may, however, transfer Personal Information to a third party as an asset that is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business provided that your Personal Information will continue to be protected consistent with this policy.
Third Party Tracking / Do Not Track
Our websites and applications may collect information about your online activities. When you use our websites and applications, third parties may also collect information about your online activities, over time and across different internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications, or mobile applications. Some browsers support a “Do Not Track” feature, which is intended to inform websites that you do not wish to be tracked across different websites you visit. Our Websites do not currently change the way they operate based upon detection of a “Do Not Track” or similar signal.
Cookies and Related Technology
Social Media Integration
Our applications, websites, and products may contain links to and from social media platforms. You may choose to connect to us through a social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter. When you do, we may collect additional information from or about you, such as your screen names, profile picture, contact information, contact list, and the profile pictures of your contacts, through the social media platform. Please be advised that social media platforms may also collect information from you. We do not have control over the collection, use and sharing practices of social media platforms. We therefore encourage you to review their usage and disclosure policies and practices, including their data security practices, before using the social media platforms.
Information for Minors, International Users, and Users in Specific States
Accurate Group websites and mobile applications are not intended or designed to attract persons under the age of eighteen. We do not knowingly collect information from persons we know to be under the age of eighteen without permission from a parent or guardian.
If you reside outside the United States and choose to provide personal information including browsing Information to us, please note that we may transfer such information outside of your country of residence. By providing us with your personal information including any browsing Information, you consent to our collection, transfer, and use of such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If your use of our applications, websites, or products would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, you may not use our applications, websites, or products.
For California Consumers
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and its implementing regulations, you have a Right to Know, Right to Delete, and Right to Non-Discrimination.
California consumers are entitled to know about their Personal Information that we collect, use, disclose or sell. We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by California law. California consumers may submit a request to us that we identify to you the categories and specific items of Personal Information about you that we collected, used, disclosed or sold.
California consumers may also request that we delete your Personal Information. You may make such requests by calling our Customer Service Department toll-free at 888-258-5757 or by contacting us through our website at http://www.accurategroup.com/company/contacts/. We may request additional information from you or your authorized agent with which to verify your identity for the security of such requests and we may exercise our rights under applicable law to not fulfill your request. If you use an authorized agent to make a request, we will require you to provide written authorization to the agent and allow us to confirm the identity of the agent.
We will not discriminate against California Consumers for exercising any of their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
California Minors. If you are a California resident under the age of 18, California Business and Professions Code § 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted on any of our applications or websites. To make such a request, please call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 888-258-5757 or contact us through our website at http://www.accurategroup.com/company/contacts/ with a detailed description of the specific content or information. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
For Nevada Consumers
Nevada Consumers may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by contacting our Customer Service Department toll-free at 888-258-5757 or by contacting us through our website at http://www.accurategroup.com/company/contacts/. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: (702) 486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
For Oregon Consumers
We will not share your Personal Information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
For Vermont Consumers
We will not disclose information about your creditworthiness to our affiliates and we will not disclose your personal information, financial information, credit report, or health information to nonaffiliated third parties to market to you, other than as permitted by Vermont law, unless you authorize us to make those disclosures.
Right of Correction
Regardless of where you live, you may submit a request that we correct or update the information we have about you.
csr@AccurateGroup.com or toll free at 888-258-5757
Revised December 15, 2021
1 Accurate Group, LLC doing business as Accurate Title Group, LLC (Florida), Accurate Group of Indiana, LLC, Accurate Group of Illinois, LLC and Accurate Group of New Hampshire. “Affiliate” means an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by or is under common control with an entity. “Control” means an ownership, voting or similar interest representing fifty percent (50%) or more of the total interests then outstanding of the entity in question. Accurate Group’s Affiliates include The Accurate Group of Texas, LLC, Accurate Group Agency, LLC, Accurate Settlement Group, LLC, Coast to Coast Title & Escrow, LLC, eMerge Property Solutions, LLC, and Arrowbase Technologies, Inc.